- Home /
- Printer Setup
Canon Printer Setup
Get high-quality documents as output using your Canon printer. You can connect your printer to using any device and get yourself benefited by using this multi-functional Canon printer setup. Here, we provide elegant canon printer support.
Printer setup involves the following steps that are to be noted
Type of connections
Installing ink cartridges
Loading printing sheets
Driver Installation for Mac and Windows
Canon Printer Unboxing
- The first thing that you will have to do is to check if your printer parcel is sealed.
- Remove the printer from the package for canon printer setup and place it on a steady surface.
- Keep other add-ons like USB cable, driver installation CD, ink cartridges, manuals, etc., for future use.
- Connect your printer to the direct power socket and the other end to your printer.
- Now, check if you are able to power On your printer by pressing the power button.
Type of Connections
You can connect your printer by using either wired or wireless network. Follow the guidelines given below to do so.
- Power ON your printer for the Canon printer setup process.
- Remove protective caps or cover from the Ethernet port.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the rear end of your printer.
- Make sure the other end is connected to the correct port on your router to setup wired connection.
- Make sure your printer is turned ON.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your Canon printer.
- Release the button when an alarm light flashes.
- When the blue light flashes, press the WPS button on your Canon printer.
- The blue light flashes until it connects to a Wi-Fi network.
- On connecting your printer to the network, the light will remain lit.
Loading Printing Sheets
- Switch ON your printer Canon printer setup process.
- Pull the paper tray toward you.
- Load clean and unused printing sheets onto the tray.
- Adjust the sheets on the tray using the paper width guides.
- Close the paper tray and try performing the test print.
Canon Printer Setup Driver Installation for Windows & Mac
Any devices need an appropriate driver that helps in the communication between other devices.
Windows Operating System
- Select the .exe file and choose Run option.
- Wait until the driver installs and then click Finish.
- Check if there are any updates available.
- If so, then update them. You can also download the printer driver available on this website.
- Make sure the driver you download supports the windows operating system and the printer model.
- Try printing the test page using your Canon printer.
In case if you use CD for installing the driver in Windows system, insert the CD into the system that you use for the Canon printer setup process.
Mac Operating System
- Now, insert the flash drive to your Mac system and copy the contents to a local disk.The driver that you want to download will be in .dmg format.
- Click on the file to start the installation process.
- Now, Click Run when a window prompts. Wait until the installation process is completed.
- Check if there are any updates required for your driver. If there are any updates, do the same.
- You can also download the printer driver form this website. Make sure you download the driver that is appropriate for your printer and the Mac operating system.
- After completing the process, try printing a test page after completing the canon printer setup process.
For a Mac system, you will have to copy the contents of the CD to a USB drive.